Friday, June 12, 2009

Jobs for returning OFWs—Roque

Administrator Marianito Roque of the Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) guarantee that returning overseas Filipino workers (OFWs) who were laid off from their jobs will still be able to get jobs.

The continuing expansion of Business Processing Outsourcing (BPO) will save the overseas Filipino workers who are affected by the global financial crisis land a new employment here in the Philippines.

There are some 35,000 additional call center jobs available for fresh graduates and returning overseas workers. Aside for call center jobs, the government is also offering alternative programs for OFWs like entrepreneurships and livelihood projects.

Source:
Maricar M. Calubiran
TheNewsToday.info

2 comments:

Kuya Ronnie said...

I hope I can be one of the beneficiaries of that program if ever I will decide to go home and stay.

Gabriel said...

I am an OFW returning from a finished project in Qatar as an office staff. I was hoping that when I returned I can find a job. Unfortunately since Dec. 31, 2009 that I've returned I have no luck finding one. I am 37 years old male. With 5 children and 3 of them soon to be college this year. 1 of them is taking nursing in 3rd year. I am so worried that I cannot sustained their education needs. I'm having a hard time seeking a new job. The only thing I want is to support my kids to finished their studies, it's all I ever wanted. If someone out there that can relate in what I'm going through right now, I am begging you please help me. I run out of options. I'm sure there are people out there who are very understanding and willing to help. I'm begging you please just for my kids. To you all may god bless you. Thank you very very much...

gabriel_tamayo04@yahoo.com
074-304-1598

Subscribe Now-RSS feed

Display this banner in your blog! Copy the code below and paste it in your editor

OFW,POEA


Followers