Friday, December 21, 2007

Migration in Canada

Canada is the second largest country and is accepting around 200,000 migrants every year. Many consider working and living in Canada. But before arriving in Canada, make sure that you have acquired a job first. It is hard for migrants to seek job in Canada.

Canada is the most popular destination for skilled workers. It is important that you are holding a working permit to avoid dispute and deportation. After giving you the cost of living in Canada, we’ll give you a guide that would probably give you an idea on how to migrate Canada.

Who needs a work permit
Work permit is issued to those who have a job offer from a Canadian employer. Then the Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC) will determine if the foreign worker is suitable for the job. The HRSDC also verifies if the job offer is legitimate.

In’s guide in migration to Canada, there are migrants who can acquire work permit even without the approval of the HRSDC. You may be exempted from satisfying some conditions for work permit issue if you are:
  • Professionals, traders and investors who are citizens of North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) countries. This regulation also allows the issuance of work permits to people who enter Canada under other types of international agreements.
  • Some types of entrepreneurs, intra-company transferees and other types of workers, who will provide significant benefit to Canadians or permanent residents by working in Canada.
  • Persons whose employment in Canada provides similar employment to Canadians abroad, such as participants in youth exchange programs, exchange teachers and other reciprocal programs.
  • Foreign students studying in Canada who need to work in order to fulfill co-op placements.
  • Spouses and common-law partners of skilled foreign workers, spouses and common-law partners of certain foreign students, spouses and common-law partners of a person doing post-graduation employment for certain foreign students and post-doctoral fellows.
  • Persons undertaking charitable or religious work.
  • Certain persons who need to support themselves while they are in Canada for other reasons such as the refugee determination process and certain persons who have been accepted for permanent residence in Canada.
Skilled Workers Migrating to Canada
If you have at least one year of working experience as full time in any skilled position and have knowledge in English or French language, it won’t be hard for you to apply for a work permit.

Applicants are evaluated based on education level, language ability, work experience, age, arranged employment and adaptability. Each factor has a corresponding point and the passing mark is 67.

The passing mark is subject to change by the Minister of Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

For queries and other information about migration in Canada please contact the Canadian Embassy at:
Levels 6, 7 and 8, Tower 2
RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
P.O. Box 2098
Tel: (02) 857-9000
Fax: (02) 843-1082

This article was firt published in on April 8, 2007

No comments:

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now-RSS feed

Display this banner in your blog! Copy the code below and paste it in your editor