Friday, May 15, 2009

DPWH Road projects could employ 495,000 Filipinos

Improvement and construction of new roads are expected to hire nearly half a million workers, a public works official said yesterday.

Undersecretary Ramon P. Aquino of the Department of Public Works and Highways (DPWH) told reporters in a press conference yesterday that 495,000 workers will be hired for such projects. "Our target direct hiring for 2009 is 495,000. We plan to hire in the localities to help them," said Mr. Aquino.

He added that 30% of the skilled workers and 80% of unskilled workers needed for the project will be from localities hosting these projects. The remaining 20% of workers will come from the contractors.

Find jobs at DPWH

BusinessWorld Online

1 comment:

mela said...

this is god news for the Filipino jobseekers

Subscribe Now-RSS feed

Display this banner in your blog! Copy the code below and paste it in your editor